Herstal cares about your personal privacy and actively works to ensure that your personal data is handled in accordance with data protection laws. If you have any questions about privacy protection or the handling of your personal data, please contact us via our contact form or telephone us on +46 340 66 25 01.
Collection of your personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored or used:
- Information about your computer, including IP address, location, browser type and version and operating system.
- Information about your visits to our website, including references, length of time spent on the website, pages viewed and navigation routes.
- Information that you exchange with us when you register on our website.Your email address, for example.
- Information that you have provided when registering to subscribe to our emails/newsletters. Your name and email address, for example.
- Information provided by you when using the services provided by our website.
- Information generated when you use our website, including when, how often and under which circumstances.
- Information in all methods of communication with us via email or our website, including content and metadata.
Before you provide us with another person’s personal information, you must obtain that person’s consent for their personal information to be used in accordance with this policy.
What counts as personal data and how do we use it
Personal data is information that can directly or indirectly be connected to an individual, such as name, email address, telephone number or address. Personal information is required in order that Herstal can conduct its business, complete contracts, for customer service matters, deliveries, payments, follow-ups and marketing. Personal information that is sent to us via our website will be used for the purposes stated in this policy or on the relevant pages of our website. We can use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Administering our website and business operations;
- Customising our website for your usage;
- Making it possible for you to use the services available on our website;
- Sending goods to you that you have purchased via our website;
- Delivering services purchased through our website;
- Sending bank statements, invoices and payment reminders to you and collecting payments from you;
- Sending commercial communications that are not for marketing purposes;
- Sending emails to you that you have specifically requested;
- Sending newsletters to you by email (you are able to opt out of our newsletters at any time);
- Sending marketing communications to you regarding our business operations or carefully selected third party businesses we believe may be of interest to you (you are able to opt out of our marketing communications at any time);
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (third parties will not be able to identify individual users from this information);
- Handling enquiries and complaints from or about you in relation to our website;
- Keeping our website secure and fraud prevention;
The personal information that you share with us is stored in Herstal’s business system. You have the right to change, remove or obtain information about your personal data that you have shared with us. If you wish to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data to third parties
Herstal shares your personal data with companies called Personal Data Assistants. Personal Data Assistants process information on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. They help us with IT services, payment services, transport and marketing. This is purely for the purposes for which we have collected the information and only with companies that can provide sufficient guarantees regarding security and client confidentiality regarding personal data. We may also disclose your personal information:
As we are obliged to do so by law;
In connection with ongoing or future court proceedings;
In establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights (including the disclosure of information with others for the purpose of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We will never pass on, sell or exchange your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We reserve the right to update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. Please check this page regularly to make sure you understand any recent changes to our policy. We may notify you of any changes to our policy via email or our website.